Mexican Chicken Salad
Mexican Chicken Salad will be a great accompaniment to any meal or even a light lunch or dinner. If you have left over chicken or simply allow the local market to cook the chicken for you, these Mexican Chicken Salad Reicpes will become family favorites.
1/4cup cider vinegar
3 tablespoons honey
1 1/2teaspoons cumin
1/4teaspoon salt and pepper
Mexican Chicken Salad Mixture:
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 whole boneless chicken breasts, cut into 2 inch strips
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1 (16 ounces) package frozen corn
1 cup chopped plum tomatoes
1 (15ounces) can black beans, rinsed and drained
5 green onions, chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 package mixed salad green
2 avocadoes, peeled and chopped
2 cups monterey jack cheese
3 cups slightly crushed blue corn chips
1 cup sour cream
1 jar thick & chunky salsa
1. Mix dressing ingredients and set aside.
2. Heat oil in skillet.
3. Sprinkle chicken with garlic salt, then sauté in pan until no
longer pink, about 5 minutes.
4. Combined cooked chicken, corn tomatoes, black beans, onions
and red peppers in a large bowl.
5. Stir in dressing.
6. Chill at least 1 hour.
7. When ready to eat, combine chicken mixture with lettuce.
8. Serve along with avocados, cheese, tortilla chips, sour cream
Source: Summer Party Cookbook, Devine Recipe Collection - Mexican Chicken Salad
MEXICAN CHICKEN SALAD - "Dos"
2/3 cup canned kidney beans, drained
2/3 cup canned chickpeas, drained
1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
1 head leaf lettuce, shredded
1 tablespoon prepared mustard
2 teaspoons sugar
2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
2/3 cup olive oil
Salt and pepper
4 teaspoons paprika
2 teaspoons red (cayenne) pepper
1 teaspoon chili powder
4 skinned and boned chicken breast halves, cut into strips
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
In a large bowl, mix together kidney beans, chickpeas, bell pepper,
and shredded lettuce. Arrange on 4 plates. In a bowl, beat together
mustard, sugar, and vinegar. Slowly drizzle in olive oil, whisking all
the time to make a dressing the consistency of thin mayonnaise. Season
with salt and pepper and set aside.
On a plate, mix paprika, cayenne, and chili powder. Add chicken
strips; toss until evenly coated in the mixture. In a skillet, heat
vegetable oil over medium-low heat. Add coated chicken; stir-fry 2 to 3
minutes or until cooked through. Spoon chicken over the salad, then add
salad dressing. Serve immediately.
(From"The Book of Chicken Dishes," by Kerenza Harries and Jo Craig) Mexican Chicken Salad
GRILLED CHICKEN TACO SALAD
A great way to prepare this Mexican Chicken Salad favorite during the summer--spicy chicken cutlets are grilled, then served over black-bean salsa, shredded lettuce, and crisp corn tortillas.
PREP: 25 minutes GRILL: about 10 minutes MAKES: 4 main-dish servings
1 can (15 to 19 ounces) black beans,
rinsed and drained
3/4 cup medium-hot jarred salsa
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro
2 tablespoons chili powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1 teaspoon brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground red popper (cayenne)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 pound chicken-breast cutlets
4 corn tortillas
4 cups thinly sliced iceberg lettuce
lime wedges, avocado slices, and sour
1. In medium bowl, mix beans, salsa, lime juice, and half of cilantro; set aside.
2. In cup, stir chili powder, cumin, coriander, sugar, salt, ground red pepper, and oil until evenly mixed (mixture will be dry).
3. If necessary, pound cutlets to uniform 1/4-inch thickness. With hands, rub chicken with chili-powder mixture.
4. Place chicken on grill over medium-high heat and cook 8 to 10 minutes or until juices run clear when cutlet is pierced with tip of knife, turning over once. Place corn tortillas on grill with chicken and cook 3 to 5 minutes or until lightly browned, turning over once. Transfer chicken to cutting board. Place tortillas on 4 dinner plates.
5. Slice chicken into long thin strips. Top tortillas with lettuce, bean mixture, and chicken strips. Sprinkle with remaining cilantro. If you like, serve with lime wedges, avocado slices, and sour cream.
* Each serving: About 370 calories, 35 g protein, 45 g carbohydrate, 8 g total fat (2 g saturated), 11 g fiber, 72 mg cholesterol, 1,075 mg sodium.
Source: Good Housekeeping 7/1/2000; Mexican Chicken Salad
Great Salsa Site Map | Mexican Chicken Salad | Salsa Recipes - Home