Mexican Appetizer Recipes
|Salud! - Spanish for "To Your Health"
A sampling of Mexican Appetizer Recipes might include...
tamale of fresh corn,
plantains and poblano chile,
garnished with avocado-mango salsa and pasilla pepper-citrus cream.
A delicious quesadilla filled with cactus, rock shrimp, baby corn, oven-roasted tomatoes, panela cheese, and jalapeno relish.
Oh not looking for that kind of authenticity?
Well ok use the easy mexican food recipes below, throw in a little inspiration from above and I know you are going to enjoy the results.
Chilled Mexican Appetizer
Chilled Mexican Appetizer Recipe
Ingredients for Chilled Mexican Appetizer
- 1 (9 oz.) can commercial bean dip
1 (6 oz.) can tomato paste
- 1 (4 oz.) can chopped green chilies, drained
- 2 avocados, coarsely chopped
- 2 sm. tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 c. sour cream
- 1/2 c. mayonnaise
- 1 env. taco seasoning mix
- 1 sm. green pepper, chopped
- 1 bunch chopped green onions
- 1 (2 oz.) jar diced pimento, drained
- 1 (4 1/2 oz.) can chopped ripe olives, drained
- 2 cups shredded extra sharp Cheddar cheese
Directions for Chilled Mexican Appetizer Recipes
Serve with tortilla chips. Makes about 12 cups.
- Combine bean dip, tomato paste, and chilies and spread over 12-inch round platter and sides.
- Combine avocado, tomatoes, lemon juice; toss and arrange over bean mixture.
- Set aside.
- Combine sour cream, mayonnaise, taco seasoning and spread over avocado mixture.
- ombine green pepper, onions, pimento and olives and sprinkle over sour cream mixture.
- Top vegetable mixture with cheese.
- Garnish with cherry tomatoes and green onions.
- Cover and chill 1-2 hours.
Ingredients for Mexican Appetizer
- 1 can refried beans
- 1 can chilies, chopped
- 1 jar salsa
- 8 oz. sour cream
- Iceberg lettuce
- Cheddar cheese - sharp - cover top
- Tomatoes - chopped - cover top
- Black olives - sliced - cover top
Directions for Mexican Appetizer Recipes
Layer in the same order as listed in the ingredients.Chill until served. Best served within 4 hours.
Mexican Appetizer Recipe Fondue
Ingredients for Mexican Appetizer Recipe Fondue
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) sharp natural cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) natural Swiss cheese, shredded
- 1 clove garlic, halved
- 1 can (12 oz.) beer
- Dash of red pepper sauce
Directions for Mexican Appetizer Recipes Fondue
- Toss flour, salt, pepper and cheese until cheese is coated.
- ub cut garlic clove on inside of earthenware fondue pot.
- Heat beer in pot over low heat.
- Add cheese mixture, one cup at a time, stirring after each addition until cheese is melted and blended.
- Stir in red pepper sauce.
- Transfer pot to source of heat at table.
- Adjust heat when necessary to keep fondue warm.
Serve with rolled tortilla, tortilla chips and vegetable sticks.Makes 4 servings.
Note: If the fondue becomes too thick, stir in additional heated beer.
Additional Mexican Appetizers
Chimichanga de Papas
Black Bean Nachos
Chilled Mexican Appetizer
Recipes Salsa Recipes
Great Salsa Recipes SITE MAP