You CAN Enjoy The Temptiest, Tastiest Tortilla Recipes In Just A Few Minutes From Scratch ...Guaranteed!
You Deserve To Make Mouthwatering Homemade Tortillas!
When you savor the results of these delicious tortilla recipes. You will be ready to uncinch your belt a notch or two?
Serve truly awesome great salsa recipes like Salsa de Tomatillos and you will be slathering salsa on these incredible “hot-fresh-homemade–right off the Comal – corn tortillas”.
Tempt your family with homemade tortilla chips, sprinkle a little ground cumin and chili powder over them and watch your family run back for seconds.
Do you really have some left overs?
Savor this scrumptious tortilla soup you will love it.
Crisp tortilla strips, shredded chicken and green Salsa deTomatillos combine to make an incredible Chilequiles de Pollo con Salsa Verde.
But first let's make some homemade corn tortillas!
Simple Easy Steps To Basic Corn Tortilla Dough
Great tasting quick and easy tortilla recipes.
- 2 cups masa harina (flour for corn tortillas)
- 1 1/3 cups warm water
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, mix the masa, water and salt together with your hands until combined. Knead the dough very well until moist and smooth, but not sticky, about 3 to 5 minutes. If the dough is at all crumbly or seems too dry, moisten your hands with water and knead some more. If the dough sticks to your hands, add masa harina, 1 tablespoon at a time, to achieve moist, smooth dough.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap, and let the dough rest about 20 minutes before using, or refrigerate for up to 3 days, or wrap and freeze for up to 3 months.
Simple Easy Steps
To Homemade Corn Tortillas
You can make fresh homemade tortilla recipes with ease.
Makes 12 (6 inch) round tortillas.
- You will need a tortilla press, plastic wrap and the Basic Corn Tortilla Dough.
- Form the dough into 12 equal balls, about golf ball size.
- Keep the dough lightly covered with plastic wrap while working, to prevent the dough from drying out.
- Heat a Mexican Comal or medium size skillet over medium-high heat.
- Open the tortilla press, and place 1 piece of plastic wrap on the bottom of the press. Put a ball of dough on the plastic and lay another piece of plastic on top of the dough.
- Lower the hinged lid quite firmly to from a round tortilla. Open the lid, and lift the tortilla with the plastic onto the palm of your hand.
- Carefully peel off the top piece of plastic. Pick up the tortilla from underneath, with the bottom piece of plastic still attached. Flip the tortilla over in your hand and peel off the bottom piece of plastic.
- Lay the tortilla on the hot Comal or skillet. Cook 20 to 30 seconds or until the edges look dry. With a flexible spatula, flip the tortilla over, and cook about 1 minute more. Turn again and cook 15 seconds.
- Place the hot tortilla between folds of a clean kitchen towel.
- Repeat the process with each ball of dough.
Authentic Mexican ingredients at MexGrocer.com
Dare To Enjoy the crisp–fried tortilla chips?
They are extremely easy to make at home using these simple tortilla recipes, and they are better than the chips you buy at the store.
Who Else Wants Fried Corn Tortilla Chips and Strips
This is one of my favorite tortilla recipes.
- 12 (6 to 7 inch) corn tortillas
- 1 cup of vegetable oil
- ½ teaspoon salt (optional chile powder)
- Stack 3 tortillas on a cutting surface. With a large sharp knife, cut straight down through the stack, cutting into quarters. If making strips, cut across the tortillas to make strips the width you want for your dish.
- In a medium skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat until a wedge or strip of tortilla starts to sizzle immediately when dipped into the hot oil.
- Fry the tortilla pieces in batches about 2 minutes or until crisp and lightly browned.
- Remove with a slotted spoon or tongs, and drain on paper towels.
- While the chips are still hot, sprinkle lightly with salt, if desired. Hey try adding a little chile powder and ground cumin...Imagine!
Makes about 48 chips.
Tortilla Recipes to Salsa Recipes